Before the DPL election, my Debian involvement revolved around the activities listed below (in no particular order). My involvement in them will be more or less on hold during the DPL term.
- maintenance of OCaml-related packages as the admin of the Debian OCaml maintainers task force
- fixing one RC bug per-day (and convincing other in doings the same), with the Release Critical Bugs of the Week (RCBW) initiative
- archive-wide quality assurance, as a member of the Debian QA team; this includes maintaining infrastructure parts such as the PTS
- maintenance of several other packages, many of which are XML-related (from W3C recommendations, to rendering tools for mathematics in XML, Python libraries for dealing with XML, and whatnot)
- maintenance of Vim-related packages, including the Vim editor itself, as a member of the Debian VIM maintainers team (not any longer)
- various other projects, listed on alioth
- In 2009, I've been standing for DPL in the yearly elections. I did not win, but I've kept information about my attempt.
- In 2010, I've tried again and I won: a page documenting the attempt is available as well.
- In 2011, I've been reelected for a 2nd term
- In 2012, I've been reelected for a 3rd term
All info about Debian OCaml maintenance can nowadays be found on the team wiki page.
If you are looking for the old essay of mine Enforcing OCaml link-time compatibility using Debian dependencies, you should most likely rather look for the JFLA 2010 paper Enforcing Type-Safe Linking using Inter-Package Relationships (pdf).
- my DDPO page, with the full list of packages I'm (co-)maintaining, sponsoring, ...
people.debian.orgpage, sometime used as a staging area for packages, sometime not, ... (i.e. use at your own risk)
- some statistics I'm maintaining to monitor the
spread of habits in the Debian archive:
- usage of Version Control Systems for Debian package maintenance
- usage of the
Homepagefield in Debian source packages
- proper usage of the
Vcs-Svnfield in Debian source packages (currently broken, since svnbuildstat is down ATM)
- usage of package build helpers in Debian (AKA cdbs vs debhelper) 7
- usage of DPKG source formats: 1.0, 3.0 (native), 3.0 (quilt), ...